Monday, November 24, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Ajo Chicken

Ya'll, I'm a bona-fide idiot. Who else would decide to test drive a recipe with her kitchen packed up in boxes?

SIGH!


This may not have been fun (read: at ALL), as I was constantly dodging guys moving boxes (thank you to our awesome Pastor), an energetic kiddo, and a myriad of cats.

Without further ado, here is Ajo Chicken. I got it from this blog


Ajo Chicken:

What you need:
*Chicken Breasts, cooked. (whoops. I totally had to saute/brown mine before baking it)
*salt
*pepper
*butter
*mushrooms (mine were canned, not fresh. I'm moving, give me a break here)
*1 cup chicken broth
*one onion, diced
*4 cloves garlic, minced (I used 3)
*one small can chopped green chilies
*1 tablespoon flour
*1/2 cup plain yogurt
*1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese




Here's what you do

*If you're an idiot like me, you brown your chicken

*Preheat oven to 350 degrees

*Throw Chicken in a casserole dish

*Take a minute, while dodging cats, pastors, kids and husbands to chop onion and garlic



*Saute some mushrooms in butter



*Scatter them over the chicken, add in half a cup of chicken broth, cover and bake for 10 minutes. This is where my picture taking gets sporadic.  Trying to cook dinner while chaos ensues is not easy. I need to get better at that.....


*While the chicken is baking, saute the onions, garlic, and green chilies together. 

*Add the pan drippings from your chicken/mushrooms baking and add the other half cup of chicken broth to your onion mixture

*Add the flour
*Then add the yogurt and heat through


*Spoon the mixture over your chicken and sprinkle with cheese

*Bake another 15 minutes


A food photographer I am not. But...OH.MY.GOSH.

I will so be making this again. Maybe I'll actually get to eat more than one little piece of chicken, too. Gabe and Ella scarfed this down before I could even really blink!


No comments:

Post a Comment