Monday, August 18, 2014

Desperation in the Kitchen: Apple Cobbler

I warn you right now: unless you are very meticulous about making your food look pretty (I'm not, by the way!) this will not be pretty. But it will taste awesome. So it all evens out.

Oh, and I forgot to take step-by-step pictures. I had kids and cats weaving their way through my kitchen. And a husband who had the day off and was asking me every 30 seconds: "is it done yet? huh? huh? huh?"

I have NO idea where I got my recipe from. It's been in a little tiny notebook where I keep all of my other recipes with no source. I'm pretty sure I googled "apple cobbler and came up with the recipe from there.


So...without further ado:

Apple Cobbler

Filling:
5 cups of apples, peeled and sliced (I used frozen. we have a ton of frozen apples in our freezer)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I use more, but that's because we love us some cinnamon)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla...I just realized I forgot this today....it didn't matter!
1 Tablespoon softened butter






Topping:
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons softened butter
1 egg, slightly beaten

Preheat oven to 375.
In a medium bowl, combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and water. Turn into slightly buttered 9-inch square pan. Dot apples with the 1T butter.

Combine all topping ingredients. Beat with wooden spoon until batter is smooth. Drop batter in 9 portions over the apples, spacing evenly. Batter will spread.

Bake for 35-40 minutes.



I told ya'll it wasn't pretty. But it tastes awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment